Let's jump into few key pointers to keep in mind while doing design thinking or human centred design projects.
- Do not rush through this phase. Be the user to understand the user.
- Deal with the egos of teammates, who think they already know the user.
- Build relationships with the users. They would come in handy especially at the later stages of the process. Even if they don’t, you’ll at least make new friends.
- Focus and keep the problem definition statement short. CAUTION: Avoid the word AND.
- Avoid getting anchored to your own ideas. “My idea is the best”..hmm not really.
- Do two rounds of ideation. In most of the projects I have worked on, the ideas from the second round get chosen.
- Don’t wait for the prototype to be perfect. It would never be perfect. Co-develop the prototype with the user.
- Acknowledge failures fast. If things don’t work out, take the learning and go back to the ideation board.
👇Short articles on how to avoid these pitfalls.